Client: Not specified
Category: Business Development
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Date: November 2020
For our client, an important company in the Energy Sector, we’re looking for a Head of Innovation. This position will be reponsible for the definition and development of the Innovation Strategy and its approval by the Executive Committee. This leader will be responsible for a variety of tasks ranging from defining the enterprise innovation ecosystem, its processes, methodologies, budget and goals for the Company. This requires an evangelist for driving change and innovation.
The Global Head of Innovation will be responsible for innovating throughout the value chain and across stakeholders and organizations to help position the company as a dynamic, innovative, agile company open to change and new ideas as well as a preferred partner for innovators and start-ups.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Set up and communicate internally and externally the innovation strategy for th company to guarantee visibility, consistency, alignment and execution.
• Ensure the innovation team provides continuous input to the company strategy and business on the latest technologies, trends, successful business models and methodologies in current and future business areas.
• Manage the innovation budget for the company and ensure the topics and projects that are being addressed by the company at all times are aligned with the priorities and resources available
• Establish an innovation management system that is customer oriented, agile, open to experiment and with clear milestones to track and assess the project success.
• Establish clear success KPIs together with the appropriate business units to ensure alignment or priorities, but with room to experiment beyond the business near term needs and objectives.
• Managing and orchestrating pilots and new business incubation.
This leader ideally should have the following experience:
• Has at least 5 years of professional experience in innovation or launching start ups
• Has relevant experience defining innovation strategies, roadmaps, methodologies, processes and setting up and managing a team to deliver high impact innovation transformations
• Has built and/or worked creating and negotiating partnerships with other companies
• Collaborative, pragmatic, action oriented and good communicators
• Is proficient in written/spoken English. (Extra bonus if you are fluent in Portuguese or Spanish)