Client: Not specified
Location: Romford, United Kingdom
Date: April 2021
We are seeking a Managing Director to join our client’s team based in UK.
Our client is the global leader in specialist tools and machinery for the construction sector and has been operating in the UK for more than 20 years.
Functions as Managing Director
As Managing Director you will be responsible for efficient definition of the subsidiary’s Strategic Plan according on the Group’s Plan reporting to the Managing Director and, as such, you will:
– Follow-up on results, study business viability and work closely on improvement plans with the Sales Manager in the search for new business lines or opportunities.
– Manage P& L and financial & business analysis to facilitate business strategy and decision-making. Manage the subsidiary’s financial area: accounts preparation and presentation, budgeting, tax control and external audits management.
– Develop, implement and monitor operating and accounting procedures, managing accounting functions, supervising the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and inventory control in a multinational corporate environment.
– Develop, implement, and monitor operating and accounting procedures to ensure companies’ policies affecting financial matters are observed and assets safeguarded.
– Design and recommend controls for reduction of costs.
– Supervise the management of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
– Maintain relationships with banks and oversea bank reconciliations.
– Reconcile end-of-month inventory and assist with cycle counting and physical inventories.
– Manage the performance of Credit and Collections.
– Calculate accountancy ratios such as return on investment, return on equity, working capital, cash flow, etc.
– Utilize your interpersonal skills to assist and develop the UK team, manage the professional development, define the goals and follow-up the action plans, improving individual and departments efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining a pleasant work environment.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related (with an emphasis in accounting).
– At least 5 years of progressive accounting experience within a manufacturing or logistics organisation or similar.
– Solid and proven experience in team management.
– Strong analytical skills to report, foresee and plan on revenue forecasts.
– Demonstrated technical abilities on accounting matters, spreadsheet development and analysis and technology understanding and utilisation.
– SAP experience would be desirable.
– Proven ability and desire to function as a leader, a manager, and an individual contributor.
– You must be a team player able to work on a local level and also report into the European HQ.
– Excellent written, negotiation, presentation and verbal communication skills.
– Flexible, accessible and hands on approach with the ability to lead by example.