Client: Not specified
Category: Business Development
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Date: October 2020
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT FUNCTIONS
The Senior Business Development is part of the Accounts team and reports to the Sales manager.
Responsible for managing the technical sales activities and works closely to other departments of company in order to:
– Identify new opportunities at their OEM’s related to Core Products, Core Competencies
– Organize Project Acquisition (strategic focus)
– Manage External Marketing (Build presentation materials, Leaflets …)
– Manage Project Planning together with the Project Manager (APQP, feasibility, homologation follow up)
– Communicate with other accounts and innovation team
– Engineering concept verification at own account
– Support quality issues with customer (design related)
– Working closely with senior leadership and operations; leverage local market knowledge to focus on growing core products and introduce new ones
– Work together with the S&Ei Manager and the Sales Manager he supports strategic planning including comprehensive market research and competitive analysis to understand the market niche, product development and penetration opportunities for the company.
– Support the company innovation strategies to identify opportunities utilizing the internal tools.
– Demonstrate personal effectiveness and leadership that creates a culture of high performance.
– Have a technical contact to the customer
– Nurtures customer relationships – Defend offer (Calculation Analysis, Cost Break Down, final price)
– Contributes to the development and execution of a compelling outside-in strategy and vision that is aligned with the enterprise strategy.
– Generate innovative sales programs and engineering developments to sustain growth
– Analyze current accounts and create strategies to grow business where opportunities exist with new applications or new products.
– Fluent in German (C1) – Bachelor’s degree – B.A. /B.S. from four-year University Engineering
– 4 to 5 years of experience in Business Development within the automotive industry working with OEM-s
– Knowledge of the automotive industry is required
– Product Cost analysis experience is a must (Calculation, Cost Break Down)
– Ability to identify potential future products and trends.
– Exceptional track record of converting identified potentials in differentiated saleable products.
– Understanding market trends and customer requirements.
– Good customer relationship to his OEM
– Proven ability to manage complexity and change.
– Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with a remote region.
– Proven ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies along with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
– Personally, driven and motivates others