Client: Not specified – International Entertainment Company
Category: Executive, Business Development
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date: December 2020
Sr. Director Strategy & Business Development functions
We are currently looking for a Senior Director Strategy & Business Development working across the EMEAA region, to operate the distribution of channels for the cluster based on business opportunities, industry trends, technical, customer and regulatory requirements, along with providing daily support as needed to existing and future affiliate partners.
You will also provide short, mid-range and long term strategic distribution plans that are in line with company goals. This role will also be involved on all non-linear deals and digital products in EMEAA. The position reports to the SVP of Strategy & Affiliates.
• Rights and clearance process for all non-linear platforms, including maintaining strategic content lists across platforms to support sales efforts
• Strategic windowing strategy to effectively monetize properties
• Participate in digital strategy for authenticated Apps & SVOD owned apps across brands
• Proactively identify key opportunities concerning all content (Monetization, Sales optimization, Maximizing inventory) and delegate responsibility for execution
• Provide meaningful strategic oversight and recommendations to the team
• Support strategy team by leading or assisting in priority initiatives
• Manage delivery of the channels to multichannel video operators and 3rd party transporters, including the compression, encryption and transport of the signals.
• Develop and evangelize internal and external customer support around distribution of signals.
• Work jointly with other departments on channel launches.
• Manage budgets related to distribution.
• Manage the business continuity planning for channels.
• Ensure staff is skilled in existing and emerging signal distribution technologies, industry trends and best practices.
• Assist with technical aspects of contract negotiations including reviewing prospective affiliate’s technical documentation.
• Research emerging technologies and make recommendations as needed to meet the needs of the company and its customers.
Our ideal candidate
• MS degree
• High level of English, other languages will be a plus.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Project management and delegation skills
• Ability to influence on others across geographies
• Technical experience with satellite decoders/satellite technology
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships and credibility with staff at all levels, and from all functional/cultural backgrounds
• Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner
• Treats all people with respect and fairness
• Calm under pressure